Aperol Spritz: a world record in Venice
Earlier this year, I have already mentioned that “spritz” is the preferred alcoholic aperitif in Northern Italy.
Last week, over 2600 people gathered in Piazza San Marco in Venice to attempt the Guinness World Record for the ‘Largest Aperol Spritz Celebration‘.
With all attendees dressed in orange T-shirts, they filled up the Piazza and stood in the formation of a classic Spritz glass.
If you want to share this social drink with your friends, here is the basic recipe:
- Pour the red drink (Aperol or Campari) into a glass (about 1/4 cup)
- Add dry white wine or Prosecco (about 1/3 cup)
- Top it all up with soda water (about 1/4 cup). The important thing is to obtain a rich colour and an alcohol gradation of about 8 percent.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016
- SOSCuisine at Specialty Food & Gluten Free Expo 2016 – September 14, 2016
- Why Does Healthy Bread Cost more than White Bread? – August 31, 2016