Bring your workout to work
Most of us sit for too many hours, either driving in a car or at our desks. But we can all build easy exercise strategies and make them a daily routine.
Start with these 5 easy exercises:
- Park farther away from where you need to be and walk the rest of the way : You can do this on weekdays, going to your job, and on weekends, doing your shopping.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator: Climbing stairs is an excellent exercise to get your heart pumping.
- Get up and move: Break up your sitting time any 60 minutes or so; standing and pacing help the circulation.
- Do leg stretches: Nobody can see what you’re doing under your desk, so take frequent opportunities to stretch your legs and feet.
- Move your upper body: Start with a few shoulder rolls, both forward and backward, and gentle neck rolls.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey in a Few Simple Steps – December 18, 2016
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016