Five Easy Home Workout Ideas
The term “workout” may conjure images of trainers, cardio machines, and gym memberships. But you can also get an effective workout at home.
Try these options:
- Climb stairs: You’ll strengthen your hips and legs, while getting your cardio at the same time. Start with a flight of stairs up and down, until you build 10 minutes of nonstop climbing.
- Make your own weights: Ideally you should work all your major muscle groups at least 2 days per week. Use plastic bottles or jugs filled with water to replace traditional weights.
- Step or jump: Step aerobics and jumping are great cardio exercises. You can use a household step stool for step aerobics, but make sure that is 10 to 15 cm (4″ to 6″) high and that it does not slip when you step on it. As far as jumping, you need a jump rope that is long enough for the handles to reach your chest when you are standing in the middle of it.
- Get up and move: Try to integrate exercise into your daily routine. For example, if you are a TV watcher, do leg lifts or stretch during commercial breaks.
- Keep walking: It requires no equipment, but make sure you wear comfortable shoes with adequate arch support. Try to walk at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week or more.
And just to be safe, check with your doctor for any precautions before you start a home workout program.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Adapt Your Recipes to a Slow-Cooker in 5 Easy Steps – February 27, 2017
- 20 Years of the Expo Manger Santé – February 23, 2017
- “FODMAP Diet” Wins the DUX 2017 Contest – January 30, 2017