Five Soda Alternatives
Do you always grab a soda when you are thirsty? Next time you may want to consider one of these healthier alternatives:
- Jazz up your water: Ready-to-use flavoured waters contain sugar or artificial sweeteners, known to keep the sweet tooth. A much better choice is natural flavouring: just add slices of lemon, lime, or orange to your water for added taste and vitamins.
- Stir in some bubbles: Mixing a thick, tart juice with seltzer yields a tastier, healthier and cheaper drink.
- Drink your vegetables: Vegetables juices are lower in calories that most fruit juices. Opt for a low-sodium type whenever available. Better yet, make your own, at home, with a juicer. Add some black pepper and a drop of Tabasco sauce for an extra kick.
- Go for the Green Tea: Studies show that it may help reduce the risk of several types of cancer. It can be drunk hot or iced. If you do not like its tartness, a few drops of honey will make it sweet.
- Go for Milk or Soy: They are a great-tasting drink and your bones will be grateful. Look for low-fat versions. Soy beverages are naturally sweet, try the unsweetened types.
The following two tabs change content below.
Cinzia Cuneo, founder of SOSCuisine.com, never wanted to neglect the quality of her food. She shares her special expertise to make good food quickly and without complications!
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Adapt Your Recipes to a Slow-Cooker in 5 Easy Steps – February 27, 2017
- 20 Years of the Expo Manger Santé – February 23, 2017
- “FODMAP Diet” Wins the DUX 2017 Contest – January 30, 2017