Five Soda Alternatives
Do you always grab a soda when you are thirsty? Next time you may want to consider one of these healthier alternatives:
- Jazz up your water: Ready-to-use flavoured waters contain sugar or artificial sweeteners, known to keep the sweet tooth. A much better choice is natural flavouring: just add slices of lemon, lime, or orange to your water for added taste and vitamins.
- Stir in some bubbles: Mixing a thick, tart juice with seltzer yields a tastier, healthier and cheaper drink.
- Drink your vegetables: Vegetables juices are lower in calories that most fruit juices. Opt for a low-sodium type whenever available. Better yet, make your own, at home, with a juicer. Add some black pepper and a drop of Tabasco sauce for an extra kick.
- Go for the Green Tea: Studies show that it may help reduce the risk of several types of cancer. It can be drunk hot or iced. If you do not like its tartness, a few drops of honey will make it sweet.
- Go for Milk or Soy: They are a great-tasting drink and your bones will be grateful. Look for low-fat versions. Soy beverages are naturally sweet, try the unsweetened types.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016
- SOSCuisine at Specialty Food & Gluten Free Expo 2016 – September 14, 2016
- Why Does Healthy Bread Cost more than White Bread? – August 31, 2016