Gallop into the Year of the Horse
The Chinese New Year that started on 31st January falls under the sign of the symbolic animal Horse and the cosmological element Wood.
According to Chinese astrology, the Horse is free, creative and independent. It is a ball of energy in constant motion from one activity to another. At the same time, it is also an outstanding worker, fair and generous.
Most Chinese believe that the global economy will improve this year, under the influence of this progressive animal. So this is the opportunity for each one of us to face up to challenges and act with courage, because the Year of the Horse will favour performance!
To start off on an auspicious note, I’m proposing some Chinese or Asian inspired dishes this week:
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Chinese-Style Beef with Snow Peas
- Five-Spice Ribs
- Oriental Shrimp Soup
- Oriental-Style Marinated Salmon
Originally published in the Journal de Montréal on February 01, 2014.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- 20 Years of the Expo Manger Santé – February 23, 2017
- “FODMAP Diet” Wins the DUX 2017 Contest – January 30, 2017
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017