Got $1,000? Try a Golden Opulence Sundae
I am not sure whether or not "The Golden Opulence Sundae" served at Serendipity 3 in New-York is truly the most expensive sundae in the world, but I am pretty sure I will never spend $1,000 just to try it out! Having said that, the restaurant has stated that it does sell, at the rate of approximately one per month.
It was created to celebrate the eatery's 50th anniversary in 2005 and was listed soon after in the Guinness Book of World's Records as the most expensive sundae in the world.
Here's the list of ingredients:
- Tahitian vanilla ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla beans and chunks of rare Chuao chocolate from Venezuela
- 23-carat edible gold leaf
- Chocolate syrup made from one the world's most prized chocolates, from the Italian company Amedei
- Golden colored caviar sweetened and infused with fresh orange, fresh passion fruit and Armagnac
- Candied fruits, truffles, gold dragets, marzipan cherries, a gilded sugar flower
If you wish to taste the "Golden Opulence" right away, please note that a 48-hour advance reservation is needed, since ingredients must be flown in from different parts of the world. Not very 'green'.
For more info: www.serendipity3.com