Hypotoxic Festive Menu 2014
As for the last few years, in December we like to propose some special gourmet menus that take into account all the various tastes, allergies and intolerances of your friends and family. So all the guests will be able to enjoy the party… without the hosts having to break into a sweat about how to plan the menu.
We are starting this year’s series with the Hypotoxic menu, i.e. a menu based on the anti-inflammatory diet developed by the French physician Jean Signalet. This diet is increasingly popular also in Canada and indeed it seems to be beneficial against different ailments, in particular several autoimmune diseases. The main principles of this diet are:
- exclusion of animal milks and derivatives;
- exclusion of all “modern” grains, such as all those containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats, kamut and spelt), and corn;
- exclusion of animal protein cooked at a temperature above 110° C.
This menu is also appropriate to those suffering from celiac desease. An additonal benefit this year: not too much prep work in the kitchen, so even the cook will be able to enjoy the event.
Go to our Christmas page to find the menu, recipes and grocery list, as well as the other festive menus.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016
- SOSCuisine at Specialty Food & Gluten Free Expo 2016 – September 14, 2016
- Why Does Healthy Bread Cost more than White Bread? – August 31, 2016