McGill’s Big Tomato Harvest 2013
If you like tomatoes and live in Montreal’s West Island, you may want to check out a special McGill Feeding McGill event, next Tuesday August 27, 15:30 to 17:00.
McGill will donate about 2,000 pounds of fresh food from the event to Moisson Montreal, Meals on Wheels and the Old Brewery Mission.
Fresh dishes will be served, all made from tomatoes grown on McGill’s own farm on the Macdonald Campus in Sainte Anne de Bellevue. Musical entertainment will be provided, courtesy of a McGill student jazz trio.
The menu will include:
- 500 pounds of tomato salsa with nachos
- 500 litres of gazpacho
- 2,500 pounds of Greek salad—a potential Guinness World Record!
- Tomato pizza and pasta with fresh tomato sauce
- A 500-pound tomato cake
This event is free and open to the general public. For more details, click here.
Try some of our recipes that feature tomatoes:
- Fresh Tomato Base
- Tomates à la provençale
- Tomato and Cucumber Salsa
- Tomatoes with “Salsa Verde”
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- “FODMAP Diet” Wins the DUX 2017 Contest – January 30, 2017
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey in a Few Simple Steps – December 18, 2016