9 ideas to inspire your little chef
Cooking with kids is a great way to connect and spend quality time together as a family while teaching little ones important healthy eating habits.
So get cooking with your little chef today!
- Borrow kid-friendly cookbooks from the library or search online for recipes.
- Have them check flyers for healthier foods on sale, help write the grocery list, check the fridge and cupboards, or put together a folder of favourite recipes.
- Cook with a friend for a fun play date.
- Have a cooking party for kids. Let them plan the menu, write the grocery list, shop for food and cook the meal, with your help of course!
- Explore different ways to prepare food. For example, carrots can be eaten raw, steamed, or roasted.
- Get creative with pizza night. Let everyone make their own mini pizzas by choosing colourful toppings like pineapple, red peppers, and broccoli.
- Make healthy snacks for family movie night. Flavour popcorn with oregano, cinnamon, or grated Parmesan.
- Let your kids invent a smoothie. Blend Greek yogurt or lower-fat milk with fresh or frozen fruit for a delicious and healthy treat.
- Feed your kids’ curiosity by asking them to choose a new whole grain, such as brown rice, barley or quinoa to make together.
- Get your kids excited about trying fresh herbs. Grow parsley, basil, oregano and chives and use them in your meals.