President Obama (says he) loves broccoli
Broccoli growers have found their new “poster boy”: President Obama has at long last revealed his favorite food — broccoli.
At least, that’s the answer he gave a kid guest at the second annual “Kids’ State Dinner” that first lady Michelle Obama organized to promote healthy eating.
Skeptics immediately reacted noting that the president is often photographed eating hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza and other non-green non-vegetables.
Anyway, the good news is that broccoli are definetely in (and gone are the days of former president George H.W. Bush flaunting his distaste for the leafy vegetable!)
And what about you? Do you like to eat broccoli?
Whether you like them or not, try some of our recipes featuring this “super vegetable”:
- Buttered Broccoli Purée
- Ligurian Broccoli Soup
- Pasta with Broccoli and Ham
- Sesame Beef and Broccoli
- Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta with Turmeric
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey in a Few Simple Steps – December 18, 2016
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016