Start the New Year Off on the Right Foot
After tucking in to grandma’s meat pies, your aunt’s stew, a piece of Christmas log cake as well as some other holiday feasts – it will probably not come as a surprise when you step on the scale and the needle has jumped slightly.
This is the time for making New Year’s resolutions, most of which will definitely get broken as the months go by… So instead of going extreme this year, I’d like to suggest some small, but reasonable changes.
They will make a difference not only to your waistline but also to your general well-being:
- Swap drinking soft drinks for water
- Increase your Omega-3 intake by eating fish at least twice a week
- Opt for whole grain breads and cereals
- Try and include soy or tofu in your weekly menu
- Garnish your meals with brightly coloured fruits and vegetables – which act as great antioxidants
Keep checking back on this blog for help on maintaining these resolutions throughout the year. What’s more, by preparing our quick and simple weekly menus, you will have more free time…for exercise!
Have a safe and happy New Year!
Originally published in Journal de Montréal on January 3, 2009.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey in a Few Simple Steps – December 18, 2016
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016