Trout sautéed in butter with almonds.
|2||trout fillets||360 g|
|1/4 cup||slivered almonds||18 g|
|1/4 cup||white wine||65 mL|
|3 tbsp||butter, unsalted||40 g|
|1/2 tbsp||canola oil||8 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, taking care not to let them burn. Add the almonds then sauté over medium heat until they are golden (again, taking care so that they don't burn). Take the almonds out of the pan then keep them warm on a small plate in the oven.
- Cook the trout over fairly high heat, 2-3 min on each side, starting with the skin side down. Deglaze with the wine, then lower the heat and cover. Cook 7-10 min, depending on the thickness of the fillet(s), until the trout is tender. Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through.
- Take the skin out. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the trout with the almonds and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Omega-3, Vitamin A
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Free :
|Meat and Alternatives||4 ½|
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Ninja78december 13, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
The roasted almonds off set the rainbow trout we used perfectly- we look foward to enjoying it again!