Square-shaped, dense, chewy cookies, made with chocolate, dates and coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF. Butter and line with parchment paper an ovenproof dish.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Melt the butter in the upper part of a bain-marie, then add the chopped chocolate, stirring as it melts. Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the dry mixture into the chocolate mixture. Coarsely chop the dates, then add them to the mixture. Stir in the grated coconut.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared dish then bake about 20-25 min, or until the outside is cooked but the inside is still moist. Check with a toothpick or knife to see if it is cooked through. Let cool 1 hour before removing from the dish.
- Cut into 16 square pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream (optional).
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (100g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Selenium
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
|Other Foods||2 ½|