|1/4 cup||bulghur||35 g|
|1/4 cup||water||65 mL|
|2 tsp||soy sauce, low-sodium||10 mL|
|1/2||onions, coarsely chopped||100 g|
|1 clove||garlic, coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup||red beans (canned) ,rinsed and drained||65 mL|
|1/2 cup||walnuts||50 g|
|1/4 cup||fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped||9 g|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin||2 g|
|1/8 tsp||cayenne pepper||0.4 g|
|1 tbsp||mayonnaise||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|1/4 cup||yogurt, plain, 2%||65 g|
|2 tsp||canola oil||10 mL|
|2 slices||bread, whole wheat, toasted||70 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Put the bulgur in a saucepan with the water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat, cover, then simmer about 5 min, until the bulgur has swelled and all the water is absorbed. Add a little more water if it looks too dry. Drain if there is too much water.
- Put the bulgur in a blender together with the soy sauce, onion, garlic, benas, nuts, cliantro , and spices. Pulse until finely chopped, then season to taste.
- Form the mixture into 9 cm (3.5 in) patties. Chill at least 10 min (up to 4 h).
- Meanwhile, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and yogourt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until golden-brown, about 8 min total, turning them once gently (they are not quite as firm as meat burgers).
- Serve each patty on a toast with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (250g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
foragerdecember 01, 2016 | I would make this recipe again
Very tasty but hard to form a patty that sticks together. It just ends up a mash.