The combination of pasta and sauce is almost a science in itself and every Italian cook will have his/her personal view on this theme. Filled pasta like ravioli have so much flavour on their own that they do not need to be overwhelmed by a powerful sauce. In this case, one of the best sauces is «Burro e Salvia» (butter and sage). It is also the easiest one to make.
|260 g||ravioli (vegetarian)||37|
|4 tsp||butter, unsalted||18 g|
|20 leaves||fresh sage||6 g|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated||6 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked ravioli so that it will be ready when needed.
- Cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling, salted water, exactly as you would do for pasta. The cooking time is written on the package: the ravioli are ready when just tender but still firm to the bite.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the sage leaves and let them infuse a few minutes, until the butter becomes perfumed with the sage aroma. Pay attention not to let the butter burn.
- When the ravioli are cooked, take them out of the pot using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a colander (ravioli are too delicate to drain them directly into the colander like spaghetti). Drain the pot and put the ravioli back into it. Add the sage butter, remove the leaves, then add the grated parmesan and ground pepper. Toss gently a couple times, then serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (150g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||3||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Vitamin A
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Phosphorus
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDaymay 24, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
So easy and tasty. Amazing!