|1||onions, finely chopped||200 g|
|2 tbsp||Italian parsley, fresh, finely chopped||10 g|
|2 tbsp||marjoram, fresh, finely chopped||14 g|
|480 g||ground chicken|
|4 tsp||olive oil, for brushing||20 mL|
|4 slices||gluten-free bread|
|2||tomatoes, sliced||240 g|
|1/2||Boston lettuce||100 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|Dijon mustard to taste [optional]|
|ketchup to taste [optional]|
Before you start
These burgers can be cooked either in a pan on the stovetop or using an outdoor grill.
- Finely chop the onion and herbs, then put them in a bowl. Add the ground chicken, salt and pepper to taste, then mix well until the mixture is well combined and smooth. Form the mixture into flat patties.
- Lightly brush the burgers with oil and cook on a hot grill for about 10 min, until the outside is golden brown and the inside loses its pink colour. Turn the burgers once halfway through the cooking.
- Alternatively, the burgers can be cooked on the stovetop. Melt a little butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for about 10 min, turning them once.
- Place each burger on a slice of gluten-free bread. Add the lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Serve with mustard and ketchup on the side.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (280g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Manganese
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||3|