Chicken cutlets in rosemary.
Mr. Ferrer was a renowned Italian chef who happened to be one of my father's friends. We used to eat in his restaurant quite often and my mother benefited from his precious culinary tips. Some, like in this case, are extremely simple but effective.
|1||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless||300 g|
|1 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||14 g|
|2 sprigs||rosemary, fresh||10 g|
|1 tbsp||white flour (all purpose)||8 g|
|1/4 cup||white wine||65 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Slice the breast horizontally into very thin cutlets. Flatten these cutlets using a rolling pin or meat pounder. Coat with the flour.
- Heat the margarine in a pan over medium heat. Add the rosemary sprigs whole. Cook 2-3 min, then take them out.
- Add the cutlets and cook over medium heat 4 min. Turn, add salt and pepper, sprinkle with the white wine, cover, and cook an additional 3 min. Serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (120g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||4|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
achisholmoctober 09, 2012
No flavour and went mushy when liquid added