Chicken legs cooked in a tomato sauce with mushrooms and carrots.
|1||onions, finely chopped||200 g|
|2||carrots, cut into 3-4 mm thick rounds||200 g|
|8||button (white) mushrooms, quartered||110 g|
|1/2 cup||white wine||125 mL|
|3 tbsp||raisins||30 g|
|2 tbsp||canola oil||30 mL|
|8||chicken drumsticks||900 g|
|1 1/2 cup||canned tomatoes, low sodium||380 g|
|2 tsp||herbes de Provence||2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Put the serving dish in the oven at the lowest setting to keep the chicken warm after its initial sautéing.
- Prepare the vegetables : Finely chop the onion, slice the carrots into thin rounds (3-4 mm thick), cut the mushrooms into quarters. Pour the wine into a small bowl then soak the raisins. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the chicken drumsticks and sauté thoroughly on each side until golden, about 7-8 min. Take the chicken pieces out of the pan then set them aside on the warmed serving plate in the oven.
- Add the onion to the pan, then sauté 2-3 min. Add the carrots and mushrooms then cook 2-3 min. Add the raisins and wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan thoroughly as the wine comes to a boil.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, then add the diced tomatoes and herbes de Provence. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, then simmer 20-25 min until the chicken is tender. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A
|Meat and Alternatives||3|