Marinated chunks of chicken, grilled with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Many different types of skewered, marinated meats (sometimes fish) and vegetables are eaten throughout the Middle East. This version features chicken.
Before you start
Metal skewers are needed for cooking.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and finely chop the shallot, then put them in a shallow dish. Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice, add the oregano, salt, and pepper, then place the chicken cubes into the dish and mix well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let marinate for several hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
Broil or grill outdoors
- Prepare the vegetables : Seed the peppers, then cut them into 2 cm squares; Cut the onion into small segments; Leave the mushrooms whole, if similar in size as the rest, otherwise, cut them in half. Alternate the meat and vegetable pieces onto metal skewers. Thread the tomatoes onto separate skewers.
- Cook the kebabs and tomatoes on an oiled hot grill or under the broiler, turning them occasionally and basting with oil. The tomatoes will be ready in about 5 min, the kebabs in about 10 min.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12
- Good source of :
- Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
|Meat and Alternatives||3|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
darcycmay 04, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
This was delicious! And, we used pitas and tzaziki sauce, which was a great addition. Will definitely be making this again.