Marjoram is used more than any other aromatic herb in the area of Northwestern Italy where I was born: Liguria. In this simple and quick soup called «Minestrina di maggiorana fresca», marjoram does steal the show.
|2 cups||chicken broth||500 mL|
|2 cups||water||500 mL|
|1 cup||orzo or risoni (tiny pasta for soups)||170 g|
|1/4 cup||marjoram, fresh, minced||28 g|
|4 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated||12 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
If you cannot find «risoni», the pasta with the size and shape of rice grains, any other tiny pasta for soups will do. They are all beautifully shaped and poetically named. The most common ones are : «stelline - little stars», «farfalline - little butterflies», «orzo - barley», «pastina - tiny pasta».
- Pour the broth and water into a saucepan, then bring it to a boil. Stir in the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 min.
- Meanwhile, mince the marjoram, then add it to a small bowl. Grate the Parmesan, then add it to the bowl. Beat the egg(s) with the marjoram and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the broth, then remove the saucepan from the heat, wait 30 seconds, then stir gently once or twice using a fork to scramble the egg(s). Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (370g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Copper, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Vitamin B12
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
annickggauthierjune 09, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
Delicious!!! So easy and so yummy. I'll definitely make again.