A mixed vegetable salad, with tomatoes, and hard-boiled eggs.
In summer on the Italian and French Rivieras, colourful salads are present everywhere. In France this type is known as niçoise; on our side of the border we call it «condijun» (pronounced Con-dee-djoon).
|1 1/3 cup||green/snap beans||130 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|85 mL||Classic Vinaigrette||1/3 cup|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the vegetables: peel the potatoes and cut them in half; peel the carrots and cut them into large chunks; leave the zucchini whole; trim the ends of the green beans. Place the vegetables in a steamer basket or in a pot of salted water to either boil or steam for about 15 min.
- Let them cool down about 10 min or longer, so they won't be so hot to handle. Coarsely dice the vegetables into bite-size pieces and put them in a salad bowl. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil the eggs for about 10 min, cool them down immediately in cold water, dice them, then add the dice to the vegetables.
- Pour the classic vinaigrette over the salad, add salt and pepper to taste, then toss. Allow to stand 15 min before serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|