|1||butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise||1 kg|
|2 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||28 g|
|2 tbsp||gingerroot, grated||26 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise. Place the 2 halves on a baking sheet, cut side down. Bake about 1 hour, until it can be mushed with a fork.
- Let cool down and purée in a food processor. Add the margarine, nutmeg, and grated ginger. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat and serve warm.
The purée keeps up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (220g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy