A Mexican specialty of mashed avocado, mixed with lime juice and seasonings.
|1/4 cup||capers||40 g|
|1/4 cup||lime juice, freshly squeezed||2 limes|
|2 tbsp||chives, fresh [optional]||6 g|
|2 tbsp||fresh cilantro [optional]||4 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Cut the avocado(s) in half, twist out the pit and spoon out the flesh. Chop and mash the flesh, then combine it with the minced capers, green onions and chives (optional). Sprinkle with the lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves (optional) then serve.
Cover very well with plastic to avoid discolouration and chill if not used within 1 h.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (100g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Potassium, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :