Recipe for the Montreal Stars hockey team.
|2||eggs size large|
|8 tbsp||sugar||100 g|
|1 1/2||zucchini, grated or puréed||190 g|
|5 tbsp||white rice flour||50 g|
|3/4 cup||almonds, ground||100 g|
|2 tsp||baking powder||5 g|
|4 tbsp||lemon, juiced||1 1/4 lemon|
|2 tsp||lemon extract||10 mL|
|2 1/4 cups||icing/confectioners' sugar||300 g|
|3||lemons, zest||360 g|
Before you start
A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Place paper muffin cups in two 12 cup muffin pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs and sugar using a mixer for 3 min, until mixture is fluffy and pale.
- Put the grated or puréed zucchini in a small bowl, the add the lemon zest and lemon extract, then combine. Add this mixture to the egg mixture and beat again until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rice flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the egg mixture and whisk just to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 min, until a tooth-pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven, then put the paper lined muffins on a rack to cool.
- While the muffins cool, prepare the icing. Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice with a fork or whisk until smooth. Ice the muffins when they are completely cooled. Serve.
You may have to bake the muffins a little bit longer since they are vegetable-based. They will always look like they are too moist even when they are done.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (50g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||0|