Minced meat seasoned with garlic, parsley, and dried tomatoes.
|4||sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), finely chopped||2 tbsp|
|3 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||45 mL|
|1||eggs size large|
|400 g||ground beef, extra-lean|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|2||corn tortillas||90 g|
|1/2||Boston lettuce, or curly leaf||100 g|
|2||tomatoes, sliced||240 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
These burgers can be cooked either in a pan on the stovetop or using an outdoor grill.
- Preheat the outdoor grill.
- Finely chop the dried tomatoes, then put them in a bowl. Add the Parsley and Garlic Base, egg, and ground meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix well until the mixture is well combined and smooth. Form the mixture into flat patties. To prevent the patties from puffing up, make a shallow depression with your thumb in the centre.
- Lightly brush the patties with the oil and cook on a hot grill for about 15 min, until the outside becomes golden-brown and the inside loses its pink colour. Turn them once halfway through the cooking. Alternatively, the patties can be cooked on the stovetop. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for about 15 min, turning them once.
- Place each patty inside a tortilla. Add a few lettuce leaves and tomato slices then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||1||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Niacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|