A nice side dish, that can be converted to a pasta sauce, simply by tossing it with pasta and sprinkling with grated parmesan cheese.
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|1||onions, finely chopped||200 g|
|4||zucchini, cut into 1 cm pieces||500 g|
|1 clove||garlic, finely chopped|
|1/3 cup||chicken broth||85 mL|
|2 tbsp||fresh mint, finely chopped||7 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini are softened and coloured, about 8-10 min. Add a sprinkling of salt, stir in the the garlic and sauté 1 min with stirring.
- Turn the heat to 'low' and add the broth. Cover and cook over low heat until the zucchini is very tender, 5-10 more minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, adjust the seasoning then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy