|16||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||220 g|
|1 clove||garlic, pressed or minced|
|1/2||leeks, thinly sliced||150 g|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||white flour (all purpose)||8 g|
|1 tbsp||rice, long grain||12 g|
|2 cups||vegetable broth, low-sodium||500 mL|
|2 tbsp||sour cream||30 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|2 tbsp||chives, fresh, chopped [optional]||6 g|
- Prepare the vegetables: Thinly slice the mushrooms; press or mince the garlic; discard the dark green part of the leeks, keep the white and light green parts, then slice them thin.
- Melt the butter in a pot or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and garlic, then sweat about 10 min until they are softened.
- During this time, heat the oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté them in batches, so that they will turn golden-brown rather than 'boil' in the water released during cooking. Take the mushrooms out of the pan as they become golden-brown and set aside.
- When the leeks are softened, stir in the flour. Cook 2 min, with stirring, then add the rice and mushrooms (you may keep some mushrooms aside as a garnish). Pour in the broth, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer about 15 min, until the rice is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée the soup in a blender, then distribute it into bowls. Garnish each bowl with a spoonful of sour cream, the optional chopped chives, and reserved mushrooms. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (390g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar