A soup with shrimp, vegetables, and rice sticks in a chicken broth.
A hearty soup that's a meal in itself.
|3 cups||chicken broth, low-sodium||750 mL|
|80 g||rice sticks (noodles)|
|1||carrots, grated||100 g|
|2||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||28 g|
|2/3 cup||Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced||45 g|
|2||green onions/scallions, thinly sliced|
|14||shrimp, medium-large||140 g|
|1 1/4 tsp||gingerroot, grated||5 g|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1/2||dried chili peppers, minced||0.4 g|
|2 tbsp||lime juice, freshly squeezed||1 lime|
|2 tsp||fresh cilantro [optional]||1 g|
Before you start
Individual 500 ml (2 cups) serving bowls are needed.
- Cook the rice sticks then set aside.
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, boil the shrimp about 3 min, until they become pink. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. Grate the carrots, slice the green onions, cabbage, and mushrooms. Portion out the vegetables into the individual serving bowls. Add the cooked rice sticks.
- Heat the broth in a saucepan. Add the grated ginger, minced garlic and chili pepper. Cook 2 min. Add the cooked shrimp and cook an additional 3-4 min. Adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the hot broth into the serving bowls. Add the lime juice, garnish with whole cilantro leaves, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (510g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|