This recipe comes from the book "Cuisiner pour vaincre la douleur et l'inflammation chronique", de Jacqueline Lagacé, Ph.D., Éditions FIDES, 2011
|1 1/2 cup||brown rice flour||260 g|
|1 1/2 cup||tapioca flour/starch||220 g|
|1 tbsp||guar gum||10 g|
|2 tsp||quick-rise yeast||8 g|
|1 1/2 cup||water||375 mL|
|1 tsp||honey||7 g|
|1 tsp||salt||4 g|
|1 tbsp||rice vinegar||15 mL|
|3 tbsp||olive oil||45 mL|
|1||eggs size large, beaten|
|3 tbsp||flax seeds, ground||30 g|
- Combine all the flours, guar gum or xanthan and yeast.
- Heat water in the microwave for 1½ minutes, add the honey, salt, vinegar, oil, egg, flax seeds and mix well. Add two-thirds of the flour gradually and mix for 1 minute.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise 15 minutes. Add the remaining flour and mix for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Line a large 9×5×3 inch (22.5×12.5×7 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhang and pour the mixture into it.
- Heat 2 cups (500 ml) of water for 3 minutes in the microwave and then place your dough next to it to rise for 30 minutes (For less dense bread, let the dough rise at least 1 hour). In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, tap the bread out of the pan and cool on a rack. Wrap in a cloth and plastic bag and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (40g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||0|