Chicken drumsticks marinated, coated in bread crumbs and baked.
|1||resealable plastic bag|
|8||chicken drumsticks||900 g|
|1/2||onions, finely chopped||100 g|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1/3 cup||canola oil||85 mL|
|3 tbsp||wheat-free soy sauce||45 mL|
|1 tbsp||olive oil, to grease the sheet||15 mL|
|4 tsp||Dijon mustard||20 mL|
|2 tbsp||white wine||30 mL|
|1/3 cup||cornmeal (polenta)||45 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
The drumsticks must be marinated overnight.
- Place the drumsticks in a resealable plastic bag. Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic, then add them to a bowl. Pour in the canola oil and soy sauce, then mix well. Pour the mixture into the bag, then seal it and turn it to coat the drumsticks with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush generously with olive oil.
- Combine the mustard and wine in a large bowl. Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, scrape off any onion and garlic, then add the drumsticks to the bowl. Toss well to coat. Add salt and pepper. Put the cornmeal in another bowl. For each drumstick, roll it in cornmeal, coating it lightly but evenly, then transfer it to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 min. Increase heat to 205°C/400°F and continue to bake about 15 min, until the drumsticks are evenly browned and cooked through. It is not necessary to turn them.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The drumsticks may be marinated in advance and kept frozen, then pulled out when needed for a quick dinner.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||3|