This recipe comes from the book "Cuisiner pour vaincre la douleur et l'inflammation chronique", de Jacqueline Lagacé, Ph.D., Éditions FIDES, 2011
- Soak quinoa for a few seconds in a bowl of water and rinse. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined colander. Cook the quinoa in 1 ½ time its volume of unsalted water (salt is added after cooking) for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes, with the lid on, so it can swell up.
- Place all the salad ingredients (ingredients 1 to 9) including cooked quinoa in a bowl and mix well. Mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette with a whisk and season well. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette on the salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||¾||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Potassium, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|