Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Prepare the vegetables: Coarsely chop the onion and cut the cauliflower into small pieces (about 2 cm).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté 2-3 min with stirring.
- Remove the skin from the sausage, then add the meat to the pan. Break up the meat using a wooden spoon and cook 4-5 min until it looses its pink colour. Add the chili pepper (if the sausage is not already spiced). Pour in the warm broth and stir in the cauliflower. Bring to a boil then lower the heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 min until the cauliflower is cooked al dente and the broth is almost completely absorbed (the sauce should still be moist).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Drain the pasta then pour it into the frying pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with the grated cheese then toss well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (340g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|