For best results, choose bright-coloured radishes that feel firm when gently squeezed and with green and crisp leaves.
|150 g||gluten free/wheat free penne||2 cups|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1/2||onions, finely chopped||100 g|
|40 g||feta cheese, light, crumbled|
|2 tbsp||pasta cooking water||30 mL|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated||6 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
A mandolin will make slicing the radishes easier.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the pasta and the sauce are cooked at the same time. Start cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Prepare the vegetables: Cut off the leaves from the radishes, remove the older leaves (they are bitter) and coarsely chop the younger ones. Slice the radishes into thin rounds. Finely chop the onion.
- Pour the oil into a pan, then add the onion and sauté 2-3 min until a little softened. Add the radish rounds and cook 2-3 min over low heat. Stir in the reserved radish leaves, crumbled feta cheese and the required amount of pasta cooking water. Keep warm over very low heat.
- Drain the pasta, then pour it into the pan. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, then serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Phosphorus, Potassium
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|