|160 g||gluten free/wheat free penne||2 cups|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|2 slices||smoked salmon, chopped||28 g|
|2||green onions/scallions, chopped|
|2 tbsp||pasta cooking water||30 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the sauce preparation and pasta cooking steps should be done at the same time.
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Cut the avocado(s) in half, twist out the pit and spoon out the flesh into a bowl. Chop and mash the flesh, sprinkle with the lemon juice, then add salt and pepper. Chop the salmon and green onion(s) into small pieces, then add them to the bowl. Add the required amount of pasta cooking water.
- Put the drained penne into the bowl and mix well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Parmesan is not added since the flavour of fish sauces in general does not benefit from the addition of cheese.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin D, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||½|