|4||potatoes, Russet or Idaho type||1 kg|
|1/4||celeriac, sliced||160 g|
|3 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||40 g|
|2/3 cup||almond beverage, unsweetened, fortified||170 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel the celeriac than cut it intl slices. Do not peel the potatoes. Boil or steam until very tender, about 20-25 min. Drain well and peel.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, pour in the almond milk* with margarine and microwave on medium-high for a couple tens of seconds until hot.
- Pass the vegetables through a food mill, then put the purée back into the pot used to cook the vegetables. Pour in the margarine-milk mixture, then add salt and pepper to taste. Blend well using a spatula.
- Reheat and serve warm.
* Add more or less milk depending on how creamy you like your purée.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy