An all-in-one soup, with easily available ingredients, and ready in no time.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the finely chopped garlic and onion then sauté 2-3 min until translucent, taking care not to let them burn.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add them to the saucepan. Stir in the spices, tomatoes, broth and water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook 7-8 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée the soup in a blender, then ladle it into bowls and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (380g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin A, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Manganese, Vitamin B6
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
joymagnovember 17, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
Not only was this soup yummy, it's really easy to make and inexpensive! A winner!