A satisfying stew which is ready in just a few minutes.
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1 cup||canned tomatoes (diced)||260 g|
|2 cups||white "navy" beans (canned), rinsed and drained||500 mL|
|130 g||turkey breast roast (cooked), cut into 1 cm cubes|
|1 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||15 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1||avocados, diced [optional]||170 g|
|1 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated [optional]||3 g|
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat, then add the garlic and cook, with stirring, until fragrant, about 1 min. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, and turkey.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer, uncovered, 7-8 min. You may add some water or broth if the stew is too thick.
- Add the Parsley and Garlic Base, season with salt and pepper, then serve into bowls. As an option for flavour and presentation, you may garnish each bowl with diced avocado and grated parmesan cheese.
Serve the stew with a good baguette.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (350g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
|Meat and Alternatives||3|