- Rinse the lentils and cook them in a saucepan of boiling salted water, about 30 min until tender but still somewhat firm. Drain, discard the liquid and set aside the lentils.
- Cook the quinoa in the water then let it cool down 10 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables: Seed, core and dice the pepper; finely chop the shallot; coarsely chop the arugula. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the lentils and quinoa to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad. Gently toss to combine. Coarsely crumble the feta cheese and add it on top of the salad. Sprinkle with the finely chopped mint then serve.
Lentils can be cooked up to 5 days in advance.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (330g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Selenium
- Good source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
firstname.lastname@example.orgT18:30:13+00:00 july 12, 2015 | I would make this recipe again
Super - I had to restrain myself from licking my plate.
owdy1192012-05-31T01:15:21+00:00 may 31, 2012 | I would make this recipe again
Very yummy! I replaced the arugula with fresh parsley, and replaced a few tbsp of the olive oil with the liquid from the feta cheese. Good for a lunch, or side dish of a dinner.
mgreen2010-09-30T12:34:58+00:00 september 30, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
My husband was worried that it wouldn't fill him up (he's a meat lover) but he loved it and we had leftovers for lunches. Next time i'd cut the amount of mint in half, i find it overpowered the flavour of the quinoa.
RobertaB2010-09-07T22:57:04+00:00 september 07, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
I made this recipe without the mint, arugula, and feta and we loved it. I can't wait to try it with the complete list of ingredients. Lovely, fresh-tasting salad - and filling also!
neets2010-06-07T13:59:47+00:00 june 07, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
Delicious! The heat from the quinoa and lentils melts the feta slightly, and gives this dish a creamy risotto-like texture. If you don't like the thought of that, I suggest cooling the lentils and quinoa fully.
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
zingiberjune 01, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
Tasty and easy - nice peppery rocket taste contrasting with the earthy lentils. Did a half and half mix of quinoa/bulgur wheat all in one pan, which cooked together fine.
strivingvegjune 21, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
We have had this recipe twice. The second time we added half of the dressing and half of the requested feta. The flavor was much nicer. In addition, we substituted the quinoa with couscous.
artax6march 26, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
this was easy and very tasty!