A very tasty, blue-coloured soup!
- Prepare the vegetables: Chop the leek, garlic, and cabbage.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic, then sauté 3-4 min until softened. Grate the ginger and add it to the pan. Stir in the curry and cook 1 min with stirring. Lower to heat, then add the cabbage and cook 10 min with occasional stirring.
- Pour in the broth, bring it to a boil, cover and simmer until the cabbage is fully cooked, about 15 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the pan off the heat, let it cool down a few minutes then purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Adjust the seasoning, then ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with sour cream and chopped scallions, then serve (warm or at room temperature).
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (330g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin K