Rice cooked in a broth with strawberries.
A no-brainer that looks like a showy chef meal, and tastes just wonderful.
|1 stalk||celery, finely chopped||70 g|
|1/2||onions, finely chopped||100 g|
|3/4 cup||strawberries||110 g|
|1 cup||chicken broth||250 mL|
|4 tsp||olive oil||20 mL|
|3/4 cup||arborio rice||150 g|
|1/3 cup||white wine||85 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
A pressure-cooker will reduce the risotto cooking time to 7 min. A blender or a food processor will be very useful for this recipe. The quantities given here are based on this recipe served as main course.
- Finely chop the onion and celery. Clean the strawberries, then put them in a blender, setting a few strawberries aside as a garnish. Mix 1-2 min, until a red purée is obtained.
- Heat the broth in a small saucepan on the stove or in a microwave oven. Keep it warm while cooking the risotto (about 20 min).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Sauté the onion and celery 2-3 min, until the onion becomes translucent. Add the rice, then cook 1-2 min, with constant stirring, until the rice grains are well toasted and translucent. Stir in the strawberry purée. Pour in the white wine.
- Cook the risotto, using the warmed broth until the rice is creamy but still al dente. Remove from the heat and let stand for 2 min. Season with salt (not much if the broth is salty) and pepper to taste. Garnish with the reserved strawberries, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin C
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy