|3 tbsp||olive oil, plus some extra to drizzle on the fish rolls||45 mL|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup||canned tomatoes, low sodium||130 g|
|2||anchovy fillets, finely chopped||8 g|
|2 tbsp||Italian parsley, fresh, finely chopped||10 g|
|2 tsp||olive paste||10 g|
|2||sole fillets||300 g|
|2 tbsp||white wine [optional]||30 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F.
- Heat half of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté, with stirring, 1-2 min, until it softens and becomes fragrant. Pour in the wine (optional), bring to a boil and cook until it has reduced by half, about 1-2 min. Add the tomatoes and gently simmer until they have thickened, 5-6 min. Season with a little salt and pepper (anchovies and olive paste are salty). Transfer the sauce to a baking dish.
- Finely chop the anchovies and parsley, then add them to a small bowl. Add the olive paste and remaining oil, then mix well. Lay the sole fillets flat, skin side (light grey-coloured) down on a working surface. Season the fish with pepper. Divide the prepared filling among the fillets and spread evenly. Beginning at the narrow end, roll up each fillet.
- Arrange the fish rolls, seam side down, on the tomato sauce in the baking dish. Drizzle each roll with the a little olive oil and bake, uncovered, in the middle of the oven, until the fish is just cooked through, about 15 min. Since the cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillets and the actual temperature of your oven, it is important to check them with a fork to see if they are cooked through.
- Place the fillets on the warmed plates, spoon the sauce on top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Omega-3, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|