An easy and versatile side dish.
|2||sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1,5 cm pieces||360 g|
|1 tbsp||canola oil||15 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the sweet potatoes. Peel, then dice them into 1,5 cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the diced potatoes. Sauté about 5 min, with frequent stirring, until the potatoes are a light golden colour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook over low heat about 15 min, or until the potatoes are soft.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (130g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy