|160 g||gluten free/wheat free spaghetti|
|1/2 cup||My Mother's Tomato Sauce||125 mL|
|4 tsp||extra virgin olive oil||20 mL|
|2 tbsp||pasta cooking water||30 mL|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Add the specified amount of pasta cooking water to dilute the sauce a bit, and warm up just a few minutes.
- Put the drained spaghetti back into the pasta cooking pot, add the sauce and extra virgin oil, then mix well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (90g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Iron, Potassium, Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy