A delicious soup that's a meal in itself.
Before you start
Individual 500 ml (2 cups) serving bowls are needed.
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the onion and celery; chop the pepper; peel the sweet potato then dice it. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and pepper, then sauté until softened, about 5 min. Stir in the cumin, ground coriander, ginger, and chili pepper. Cook 1 min with stirring.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice sticks then set aside.
- Add the potatoes, beans, broth and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer 10 min. Add the bok choy and continue to cook until the vegetables are cooked al dente, about 5 more min. At the very end, stir in the cooked rice sticks. Warm up and adjust the seasoning.
- Portion out the soup into the individual serving bowls, garnish with chopped cilantro leaves, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (750g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||4 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Good source of :
- Copper, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|