A simple, bright, and colourful salad, that's a meal in itself.
|3 tbsp||lime juice, freshly squeezed||1 1/2 lime|
|1 1/2 tbsp||fish sauce (nam pla)||23 mL|
|4 tsp||canola oil||20 mL|
|4 tsp||sugar||16 g|
|1 clove||garlic, finely chopped|
|3/4||dried chili peppers, finely chopped||0.4 g|
|400 g||beef, top sirloin|
|120 g||rice sticks (noodles)|
|1 cup||broccoli, cut into florets||130 g|
|1||carrots, grated||100 g|
|1 1/3 cup||soybean sprouts||90 g|
|3 tbsp||fresh cilantro, finely chopped||6 g|
Before you start
The steak may be cooked using an outdoor grill or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Put the lime juice, fish sauce, oil, sugar, garlic and chili pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Take 1-2 tablespoons of this vinaigrette and pour it in a shallow dish, setting aside the rest. Add the steak to the shallow dish, then turn it to coat well. Cover, put it in the refrigerator, and let it marinate 1 h.
Cook the rice sticks and broccoli
- Cook the rice sticks, drain and put them in a salad bowl.
- Prepare the broccoli: wash and cut off the florets. Peel off any tough skin from the stalks and cut them into small pieces. Blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water until crisp-tender (al dente), about 4 min. Drain well, then add it to the salad bowl.
- Prepare the other vegetables: Grate the carrots, wash and drain the sprouts. Finely chop the cilantro. Add the vegetables to the salad bowl, pour the vinaigrette over the salad, then toss well.
Broil or outdoor grill
- Preheat the outdoor grill.
- Put the steak on a warm rack and cook about 3 min per side. Alternatively, cook the steak in a thick-bottom pan.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board, then let it stand for 5 min in order to reabsorb the meat juices. Slice thinly across the grain and on a diagonal bias. Arrange the slices on the noodle salad then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (270g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|