A delicious salad which makes for a healthy take-out lunch.
|4 cups||bean mix (canned), rinsed and drained||1 L|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1||green peppers, cut into small dices||150 g|
|1/4 cup||extra virgin olive oil||65 mL|
|3 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1 lemon|
|2 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||30 mL|
|320 g||tuna, canned|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|2 tbsp||Italian parsley, fresh, chopped [optional]||10 g|
- Drain and rinse the bean mix, then place it in a salad bowl. Mince the garlic and dice the pepper, then add them to the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Parsley and Garlic base, salt, and pepper until the mixture is emulsified. Pour it over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Toss the chilled salad, arrange the tuna on top, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Copper, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||4 ½|