|3 servings||Egg Replacer|
|1 1/2 cup||sugar||300 g|
|1 cup||canola oil||250 mL|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract||10 mL|
|2||zucchini, unpeeled, shredded||260 g|
|3 cups||white flour (all purpose)||380 g|
|1 tbsp||baking powder||8 g|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon||3 g|
|1/8 tsp||salt||0.4 g|
|6 tbsp||raisins||60 g|
|1/2 cup||walnuts, chopped||50 g|
Before you start
A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Generously oil 2 loaf pans.
- Prepare the Egg Replacer, then set aside.
- Beat together the Egg Replacer and sugar in a large bowl, using a mixer until the mixture becomes thick and pale, about 4-5 min. Slowly pour in the oil with the mixer running, then mix in the vanilla. Grate the zucchini using a large-holed grater, then stir it into the egg mixture.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into another bowl. Fold the flour mixture into the egg-sugar bowl, combining them gently but thoroughly. Stir in the nuts and raisins.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans, spreading it evenly, then bake the loaves in the middle of the oven until golden-brown about 50-60 min. Check with a toothpick or skewer to see if the loaves are cooked through.
- Cool the loaves 10 min in the pans, then remove them from the pans and let them cool on a wire rack for at least 30 min before slicing.
The zucchini bread, wrapped well in foil, will keep at room temperature for 1 week or frozen for 1 month.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (80g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy