Quick and easy way to use up leftover apples.
|2 cups||peanut oil||500 mL|
|1||eggs size large|
|2 tbsp||water||30 mL|
|1/4 cup||cornstarch||35 g|
|2||apples, peeled, then cut into wedges||360 g|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|4 tbsp||sugar||50 g|
|3 tbsp||honey||65 g|
|1/2 tbsp||sesame seeds||5 g|
Before you start
An electric fryer or a deep frying pan will be needed for this recipe.
- Preheat the oil to 175°C/350°F.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small pan and heat over medium heat a few minutes, with some stirring, until lightly coloured. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and water, then incorporate the cornstarch. Peel and core the apples, then cut each into 8 wedges. To reduce the discolouration of the cut parts, sprinkle them all with lemon juice.
- Dip each wedge in the batter and deep fry 2 min until golden-brown, then set it on a paper towel to drain. Do only a few wedges at a time.
- To make the sauce, bring the sugar and honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved, then stir in the sesame seeds.
- Drench the fritters with the sauce and serve them hot.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (290g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin B12
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|
|Other Foods||3 ½|