Why is it Smart to Eat Local?
Choosing local products is smart!
- You'll eat fresher, better tasting and more nutritious products
- Local food is grown or raised in accordance to strict and transparent health, environmental, and social standards
- Close-to-home foods have a considerably lower carbon footprint than food transported from far away
- Each dollar spent locally is a dollar invested in your community, i.e. an investment that gives you a return
- The best food safety is to fulfill the needs of a country's own population