A soup with vegetables, tofu, and rice sticks.
A hearty soup that's a meal in itself.
Before you start
Individual 500 ml (2 cups) bowls are needed.
- In a shallow dish, mix the soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Cut the tofu into 2 cm cubes and add them to the marinade. Mix well then let stand at room temperature while preparing the rest of the soup.
- Cook the rice sticks and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. Grate the carrots, thinly slice the green onions, cabbage, and mushrooms. Portion out the vegetables into the individual bowls.
- Heat the broth in a saucepan. Add the ginger, garlic and the chili pepper. Cook 2 min.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu cubes and sauté 3-4 min, with occasional stirring, until they are golden-brown.
- Pour the hot broth into the bowls. Add the tofu, rice sticks, and lime juice. Garnish the bowls with whole cilantro leaves, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (540g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||2|